Mark Halpert

Tales and Tribulations

Name:
Location: Berkeley, California, United States

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Stone Town Revisited


Stone Town was warmly familiar for us on our short (2 1/2 day) interlude before leaving Zanzibar. I resumed drum lessons and was pleased to feel that I had learned a few things. My teacher taught me a few more rhythms and I left the music school vary satisfied with my time there.

We returned to our familar room at the Narrow Street Hotel, enjoyed daily lunches at our favorite local restaurant, the Passing Show. We saw familiar faces there, including our friend Aika, a colorful woman from the Kilimanjaro area who we met when we were last in Stone Town.

The familiarity of Stone Town made our month of July feel real, feeling that we were living in Zanzibar and being a part of life on that beautiful island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home